Imani Community Development Organization hold annual general meetings every year with all group affiliates. This was done for evaluation purposes for the year 2016 with all groups attending the meeting plus Imani staff. Some of the issues discussed were as follows;
1. Activity evaluation 2016. The evaluation was to help educate everyone in strengths and weaknesses, if planned activities have been achieved or not, to help determine whether there is growth, to enhance competition and to know if knowledge is put in place.
2. Activity work plan 2017. All the groups presented their activity work plan for the year 2017, with each group explaining the strategies put in place to help them to meet their set objectives for the planned activities.
3. Achievements. All the groups talked of their success stories achieved as a result of good work with Imani, through the partnership with Amani UK who have been funding their activities. Well established table banking in some groups.
4. Challenges. Food security sector have faced a big challenge because of insufficient rainfall in both the long and short seasons, training needs to be given first priorities.
5. Group rating results. The results show improved performance in different sectors, with the following noted as negative contributors to group activities; unpredicted rainfall pattern, record keeping.
Imani graduated four groups in 2016 and recruited four other new groups; the already graduated groups were urged to act as mentors of the new ones.